Professional History & Education
OWNER, OAKBOG PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, Malden MA (2006 – present)
• Apple Macintosh & iOS Consulting, Technical Support – services for individuals, small businesses, and creative professionals. Mac OS X client/server installation and troubleshooting, network setups, onsite support and maintenance, end user training. Remote support via email, phone and remote desktop. iPhone, iPad and iPod training and support. Apple Certified Consultant (ACSP, ACHDS), member Apple Consultants Network.
• Vintage Mac Museum – Curation and maintenance of a working collection of the 68k and PowerPC Macintosh. Vintage Mac file transfers and conversions, data recovery services. Legal research for patent law prior art discovery, expert witness services and depositions.
MACINTOSH COLUMNIST, (2007 – 2014)
• Cult of Mac (2010 – 2014) – Mac and iOS tech support info, news about All Things Apple
• Low End Mac (2007 – 2011) – vintage Macintosh info and maintenance techniques
MACINTOSH INSTRUCTOR, Boston MA (2006 – 2014)
• Boston Center for Adult Education (2011 – 2014)
• Newton Community Education (2006 – 2014)
• Brookline Adult & Continuing Education (2006 – 2007, 2010 – 2013)
Courses taught: Intro to Macintosh, Intro to iPhoto, Intro to iTunes, Mastering iPhone, Mastering iPad
SOUNDTRACK RECORDING STUDIOS, Boston/New York (1998 – 2006)
• IT Manager, ProTools Support Specialist (2001 – 2006) – IT support and network management for professional audio/video production facilities. Experience with Mac OS 9, OS X, Win 98/2K/XP, QuickMail Pro Server, Filemaker Pro Server, FTP, Soundminer, mSoft. Support and troubleshooting of multiple ProTools TDM workstations with AV Option. Company webmaster.
• Audio Engineer, Technical Support (1998 – 2001) – Music and audio post engineering; specialist in processing audio for internet and multimedia applications. Tech support services for studio and business operations. Mac and PC repairs.
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC, Boston MA (1998 – 1999)
• Assistant Professor, Music Production & Engineering – Adjunct Faculty.
Courses taught: Multitrack Recording Techniques, Principles of Synchronization
OWNER, OAKBOG STUDIOS, Somerville/Brighton/Malden MA (1996 – 2006)
• Audio/Video Editing, Interactive Media Design and IT Consulting – services to small businesses, educational institutions and post production facilities. Website and PowerPoint development. All responsibilities included in the creation and management of a small business. Services offered 1998 – 2006 on a part-time basis.
MIT VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, Cambridge MA (1995 – 1996)
• Video Production Specialist – Video editor and post production coordinator for component Betacam-SP suite. Significant graphic and title design requirements, occasional field production.
BOSE CORPORATION, Framingham MA (1988- 1995)
• Media Producer, Communications Engineer – Produced and developed modular non-linear video, slide and multimedia presentations for use in international sales and marketing theaters. Developed the first Bose interactive videodisc kiosk. Primary recording engineer in Bose production facilities for three years. Designed and produced major soundtracks and alternate language assemblies for audio, video and multimedia projects. Project manager for design and install of audio and video editing suites. Long term support of interactive level II laserdisc, CD and CD-ROM projects.
• Transducer Design Engineer – Designed and prototyped component audio loudspeaker systems for Professional Products Group and Bose KK (Japan Development Group).
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Cambridge MA (1984-1988) – B.S. Physics – Additional coursework in electrical circuit design, acoustics, computer programming, music theory, film study and writing. GPA 4.6/5.0.
Seminars and Continuing Education
• Intermediate Flash Design (Interactive Factory, Boston MA)
• Streaming Media Production (Future Media Concepts, Boston MA)
• Avid Media Composer Editing (Avid Education Center, Tewksbury, MA)
• Music Theory and Composition (Harvard University Extension, Cambridge, MA)
• Electronic Field Production (Sony Institute, Burbank CA)
• Apple Certified Support Professional 10.9 (ACSP) 2015
• Apple Certified Support Professional 10.7 (ACSP) 2012
• Apple Certified Support Professional 10.5 (ACSP) 2009
• Apple Certified Help Desk Specialst 10.4 (ACHDS) 2007
• Angie’s List Super Service Award 2014
• Angie’s List Super Service Award 2013
• The Chieftains – Water from the Well (Digital Editor)
• All the Queen’s Men – The Mullet Sessions (Recording Engineer)
• The Harvard Krokodiloes – Downstairs at the Upstairs Bar (Recording Engineer)
• Bose Lifestyle Music System – Special Edition Demo CD (Soundtrack Designer)